Additional Information:

I have been separated (not legally) from my husband for over a year and half. I live in Barrington and he lives in Bristol. We are both on good terms and share custody of our 2 children.  He currently pays for daycare for our son and I’d like to ask him to help with half of the children’s medical/dental expenses.  We have no assets to split, should we look into mediation?


The absolute best way is to spend an hour sitting with a qualified Divorce attorney who can advise you and discuss your case. You raise issues that probably require a thorough explanation and discussion. Mediation is not always a good option, particularly because someone or both of you will have to hire attorneys after the mediation. The end result is paying three attorneys instead of two.

Barrington RI divorce lawyer Attorney Heberg serves individuals and families in the Providence, RI region including Cranston, Coventry, Cumberland, East Greenwich, East Providence, Johnston, Lincoln, North Kingstown, North Providence, Pawtucket, Riverside, Smithfield, Warwick, West Warwick, Warren, Woonsocket, Bristol and Barrington, Rhode Island.

Posted by Christopher E. Heberg